The offical forum of darkknightnews.com

HomeFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HarryCanyon
Comics Section Moderator
Comics Section Moderator

PostSubject: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:47 am

I did since i was 6/7 when i started reading and collecting Batman comics especially the Catwoman comics including that 4-part mature readers mini-series. I had a major crush on Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether watching reruns of the 60's show during the year of Batmania and of course Michelle Pfefier's version in Batman Returns and on TAS when i was 11.

I even dug Wonder-Woman, Supergirl, Ivy, Cheetah on SuperFriends/JL comics, Batgirl, Zantanna and others when i was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Ericzeb2002
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:05 am

I definately though Michelle Pfeiffer was Hot in Batman Returns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/TDKRNewEnglandFanPage
h4v0k_528491
Novice
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:15 am

Yea me too. I always loved the character and how she is good/bad and how complicated she is. The Catwoman who really got me into te character was Michelle Pfeiffer but was also misleading beause catwoman doesnt have nine lives and she died and got turned by cats. I eventually found out though and that wasnt the case. Then when Nolan did his movies i always wanted him to do an interpretation of Catwoman and I love his interpretation-The costume is my favorite out all the costumes I have seen. Nolan's suit is practical and she has everything she needs and the serrated edges on her heels that make claw marks are realistic. I think Anne will do the charcter justice because she has respected the character as a child and wanted to be this character one day and she got what she wanted and she is doing an amazing job and so far she is a scene stealer and that has also been said by Chris N. and his brother. I always wanted Anne to play Catwoman even before she was casted in this movie.
Back to top Go down
Matt Galvin
Dark Knight News Owner/Moderator
Dark Knight News Owner/Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Growing up? Still do. Typical male response but to me Catwoman is sexy in every universe. Comic, Cartoon, Cosplay, movie, guess I got a thing for girls in tight leather and a whip...did I just say too much? Creepy factor raised to 10 Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkknightnews.com
HarryCanyon
Comics Section Moderator
Comics Section Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:34 pm

What did you think of Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether's versions? MEOW baby! i was 8 watching reruns of the 60's show on TV during Batmania and they were boyhood crushes of mine.
Back to top Go down
LinseyyesniL
Discipline Moderator
Discipline Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Catwoman and Harley Quinn are my favorite characters, period. Gotham City Sirens is one of my favorite things DC has ever done. Cant say I have a crush on them myself, but I can see why guys are so crazy abut them Grin Ive collected Catwomans comics for years now, and am always looking for more, her story is just so interesting.
As far as crushes go, yeaaa ive always been a Joker girl. I guess that could be why I love Harley so much. On occcaision though the Riddler isnt too bad himself, I was really hoping there would be a David Tennant Riddler in TDKR but im still really happy with how everything turned out, wont really know till I see the movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/linsey.shanks
Ericzeb2002
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 pm

I wish Brittney Murphy was still alive she would have made a perfect Harley Quinn in a batman film.

Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/TDKRNewEnglandFanPage
LinseyyesniL
Discipline Moderator
Discipline Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:12 pm

I agree, she would definitely be a better Harley than Kristen Bell. I wasnt for that at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/linsey.shanks
HarryCanyon
Comics Section Moderator
Comics Section Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:29 am

I agree with that.

But who hates Frank Miller's ugly shaved headed manly looking hooker version of Selina from Batman Year One? i always did since i was 14 when i first bought that graphic novel but despite i adored that story, i hated the Sinead O'Conner lookalike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone had a crush on Catwoman growing up?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1